Tuesday, December 08, 2009

The Tree

It is probably no secret that I don't love Christmas. I am not sure why. Maybe because I grew up with snow on Christmas. Yes, I live in California but I spent MOST Christmases in Michigan. Maybe it is because the holiday never seems to live up to expectations. I don't know but I am not a big fan. I am, however, a HUGE fan of the decorations!

Houses decorated with lights, trees in the window and all the little things people do to make their houses festive make me smile. I love decorating the house and the tree. I remember we had 2 trees at one point....one decorated with family ornaments and one with just white and gold decorations (I think). I hope to someday be able to do that.

We are not a family that puts the tree up right after Thanksgiving. We put up a real tree and I feel like it would be dead by the time December 25th rolled around. Our tree usually goes up 2 weeks before Christmas. This year we changed it up and put it up this past weekend.

We have a tree place right around the corner from our house so we headed there. The first thing we saw were these little tiny trees and I got so excited about the thought of LG having her own tree. I quickly got over that. We looked around and picked out a tree pretty quickly. 5 ft and nice and full. PERFECT! Then we got it home.

The tree is more like 7 ft. tall. It is HUGE. The thing is, this happens every year. I don't seem to have an eye for tree size. Last year our tree was really fat. This year it isn't so fat but it is TALL. Oh well, it takes up half our room but I actually love it.

This was the first year that LG helped decorate the tree. When I pulled out the lights, I was surprised to find that they were colored lights. I wondered who bought the colored lights, but it was of course me since I am the only one who buys these things. LG must have wanted colored lights last year because I am not a big fan of them. Oh well.

We managed to get the ornaments on without breaking any. I just had to make sure that LG didn't touch any of the "important" ones. I did have to move some around after noticing 3 on the same branch ;-) When we were all done LG wanted to put the "star" on the top. The problem? We don't have a star. For the past 10 or so years we have had a ribbon with curls that cascade down the tree. I love it. J hates it. I win :-)

LG wanted to put the angel. The angel is from my childhood and it hasn't been on our tree, ever. It took some time to convince me but the angel now adorns the top of our tree. I like her up there looking over us. I actually love our tree.

I sat in the dark this morning with just the lights of the tree on. Just sat and looked at the tree. Ornaments that J and I made back when we were little. Ornaments we have bought on some of our trips. Ornaments that have been on my tree since I was born. Ones that I have bought for Ashley. There is a story to many of them and I loved just thinking back.

21 comments:

The Warner Corner said...

It's beautiful!

Mom said...

It is a beautiful tree!

kimberly/tippytoes said...

Your tree looks nice. Last year our tree was so big the tip was bent over at the ceiling - and we have cathedral ceilings! (Okay, the tree wasn't at the tallest past of the room, but still, I clearly have no eye for size either.)

ggbbgg123 said...

免費影音視訊 -
洪爺情色影城 -
免費卡通A片 -
免費A片觀賞 -
洪爺情色電影 -
成人免費十八禁短片 -
免費A片電影下載 -
暴風影音下載 -
免費情色做愛影片 -
免費H漫畫影片情色 -
免費觀看成人情色影片 -
情色影片免費觀賞 -
免費情色影片論壇 -
成人影音 -
免費影音下載 -
影音聊天 -
免費影音播放軟體下載 -
免費影音聊天 -
BT免費影音下載 -
免費影音部落格 -
免費情色影音 -
成人論壇 -
成人討論區 -
色情故事文章 -
滑鼠連點程式下載 -
視訊程式下載 -
視訊錄影程式 -
視訊安裝軟體 -
視訊攝影機 -
成人貼片區 -
熊貓成人貼片 -
柔情聊天網 -
柔情聊天室 -
成人短片 -
免費18禁成人圖片 -
KISS貼圖 -
TT1069男男貼圖交友區 -
只有貼圖區 -
貼圖俱樂部 -
色情圖貼 -

Lara said...

I'm being tacky and joining your comments section to ask you to email me. I wanted to email you after your comment, then realized I don't have your email address (or if I do, it's lost somewhere and I can't find it). And I can't find it on your profile or site anywhere. Email me? (My address is in my profile.) We definitely should grab coffee and chat and catch up.

I Own The Internet said...

It's beautiful, but not just that - its part of a wonderful new blog that has changed my view on blogging. Thanks for being so creative and honest with your posts, I clicked next blog and was so surprised with your wonderful page - thanks again
Please stop by mine and say hello :)

Kanta said...

Kantahanan is the home of every song. The word kantahanan is derived from the tagalog words "Kanta" which means "Song" and "Tahanan" which means "Home".

A Piece said...

A Piece of Idea - Thoughts of a Man, a Blogger, a Webmaster, and a Friend. Learn simple tips from a simple blogger.

Hapi said...

You have a great favicon here. You might want to change that into your own icon. Here is my tip on Favicon and Blogger: How to change favicon in Blogger.I also have this list of Cool Favicons for you to use. Enjoy!

tagskie said...

Nice blog you got here... Just droppin' by to say hi! http://www.arts-and-entertainment.info

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

Stock market basics said...

wonderful and simply nice. thankyou

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine to,and be a follower..thanks and God bless..http://forlots.blogspot.com/

John said...

Wow i love your blog its awesome nice colors you must have did hard work on your blog. Keep up the good work. Thanks
http://toolplace.wordpress.com/

jram said...

Hey there that is really good content, hope to gain you friendship and
share with you that I do have a youtube channel: jram5
cheers
Ram

Hemraj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
said...

burberry tasche
chanel tasche
sac dolce gabbana
sac fendi
sac guess soldes
sac guess 2012 soldes
sac gucci
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton
tee shirts g star
tee shirts lacoste
tee shirts levis
sac guess
sac louis vuitton soldes
sac louis vuitton
portefeuille louis vuitton
chaussures louis vuitton
chaussures nike
Christian Louboutin Soldes
Christian Louboutin 2012
chaussures puma
sac louis vuitton soldes
sac louis vuitton
sac a main
tee shirts
juicy couture bolsas
louis vuitton bolsas
sac louis vuitton>
sac prada
sac versace

MYTC SIM said...

business opportunity. http://conciergesim.blogspot.com.br/2012/09/uma-revolucao-no-turismo.html

SIM !!!

Olá seja bem-vindo à My Travel And Cash agora ficou mais Fácil Viajar, pois estou trabalhando em uma empresa com novo conceito na industria do turismo, que esta em expansão do negócio com um sistema incrível de Micro-franquias .
www.mytravelandcash.com/akmos e convide pessoas, sim Preciso montar minha Equipe de Trabalho e para isto estou solicitando indicações de pessoas conhecidas.
Gostaria de contar com a sua ajuda, sei que você conhece muitas pessoas e entre elas deve haver alguém para trabalhar comigo.

Se a pessoa quiser realmente trabalhar a empresa da todo o treinamento, basta ela estar atenta a novas oportunidades.

Você pode me encaminhar algumas pessoas do seu conhecimento?
Contatos.

Sem conclusões Precipitadas, Fale comigo Antes.
21- 9814-8886 Vivo and 21 - 8351-4307 Tim mytcsim@gmail.com

EU AMO VIAJAR !!!

Grato !!!
Apaixonado por viagem!

Raúl Cabria said...

Visit our great blog!! http://waterpollutiontorrelavega.blogspot.com.es/