Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Why You MUST Buy A Wii Fit!

A few weeks ago Stefania hosted a Wii Fit party. At first I couldn't go because she had hit the limit by the time I R.S.V.P'd. I basically told her I was going to crash her party because I had the night off and no where to go. That never happens! Well, actually it happened again last week but whatever.

In the end, I got to go and I am so happy I did. Everyone who reads this blog knows that when I went to Stefania's last Wii party I insisted on buying one. It has provided hours of entertainment for myself and my family. I really love it.

When we got to Stefania's there were 3 TV's set up. The "Wii Girls" as we called them were there to help us. There was food but it was mostly healthy...smoothies and some Mediterranean snacks. They first started by showing us how you start by doing a body test. Ask a bunch of women who wants to get on a scale in front of other women and the room goes silent.

We made the skinniest girl get up there. It was awesome! The Wii board weighs you and gives you your BMI. Then you do some balance tests, etc. Then it stores all the info. so that it can track your progress. That I liked!

The activities include yoga, strength training, aerobics and balance games. The more you use the board the more "games" you unlock. For example, you can unlock more difficult yoga poses, more difficult aerobic activities, etc. They were fun and you are working out!

The Wii Fit was released last week. I knew I wanted one. We left for Michigan but I was planning on looking for one when we got back. I lucked out and got the last one at Target on Monday! We played with it for an hour or so. I loved it and LG loves it. She can't really do the games but she thinks she can so it is so fun! Andrew and LG played last night and it was hilarious! We took a few photos and Desiree was in tears laughing so hard.I have worked out with it the last two days. It sounds crazy but I was sweating and my legs were hurting! My favorite is the hula hoop game where you literally hula hoop. You would be surprised how hard it is to hula hoop for long periods of time. Today I got up to 6 minutes of hula hooping, 2000 spins!

Today, I also decided to track my heart rate and calories burned. I worked out for about 40 minutes and I burned 440 calories! Not only that buy my high heart rate was 90% and my low was 75%. Amazing! Today I even did the strength training which was so hard!

The best part is I never have to leave my house! I can do it when LG is sleeping. It makes me feel better because I usually get tired and nap when she is sleeping. I feel so much better doing this.

I am still only down 10 pounds with my diet because of my trip. I plan on still updating on Fridays about my progress and how much weight I am down and how much my BMI has dropped. My BMI is UGLY so I probably won't tell you how high it is!

I am not kidding around when I tell you that you MUST by a Wii Fit!!!!!!

5 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for writing about the Wii fit. I had heard about it and wondered. Sounds like fun. I don't have a Wii right now so that would be a huge investment for me. Maybe we can take one step at a time ;-) I do love my treadmill but it would be nice to do something different and be entertained as well.

Jules said...

I like your brown hair!

YF said...

that looks like so much fun! i would love to try yours.

Desiree said...

I cracked up even looking at the pics of LG and thinking of the kids dodging shoes and pandas. So funny. We will have to do that again soon.

Christina said...

I will find one of these somewhere! The Wii Fit is sold out everywhere I've looked, and I really want one. I think it would help a lot in my efforts to lose weight.

Glad you're all enjoying it!