Friday, November 27, 2009

Those Damn Holiday Cards

It is that time of year again. Time to find the right gifts, try to find time to fit everything into jam packed weekends and, of course, time to pick the perfect Christmas card. Out of those 3, I thinking picking out the card is the toughest.

Since LG was born, I have spent hours pouring over photos, trying to pick the best one for our card. The first few years, it was just LG on our card. It is rare that the 3 of us are in a photo together so it was easier to just find a photo of Ashley. I think LG is very photogenic but it still was a painstaking process for me to chose the right photo. Yes, I realize there are people with "real problems" in the world so zip it!

Last year we had our first family photo shoot and I LOVED what Linda did. This year I had planned on having my friend Tracey do a photo shoot with us but then I decided that it wasn't necessary. Yes, I love having photos of the 3 of us but we don't look that different from last year and really everyone just wants to see LG. I didn't really like LG's school photos so I was happy to have Tracey photograph LG and as a bonus, my dad was here so I decided to have some Daddy, daughter, grand daughter shots taken. I haven't seen all of them just yet but the teasers that Tracey sent me are AMAZING.

I am thinking the biggest problem I will have this year is choosing to use one or more than one photo. Here are 3 shots for you to check out....

4 comments:

Angela said...

That first photo is so amazing, I would just choose that one! Keeps it so elegant!

judy in ky said...

I like number two... so natural!

Desiree said...

I love them all, but I think #1 is great for a xmas card. It looks like it is out of a magazine!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures!!!! I just LOVE all of them, especially the first one! Her hair! Her smile! Everything is perfect! She looks quite a bit like you!

We just had an in-house photo shoot--Niko was not very cooperative, and St├ęphane was getting jealous of all the attention we were giving the naughty boy. I hope we have at least ONE great picture!