Thursday, August 27, 2009

Field Trip Time!

LG was off of school this week so we have taken a few field trips to pass the time. It has been a lot of fun for the two of us. There are a lot of changes coming up so I was thrilled to have this time together.

Our first trip was to the Children's Discovery Museum. LG has been begging to go for a few months because there was a Curious George exhibit happening. I am always weary of going there because we always end up sick but now was the time. With most kids back in school, I figure now was as good a time as any.

We met Aminah there and the girls had a blast! The best part was it was fairly empty so Sarah and I also had a good time because it was relaxing. The girls are at a perfect age to be able to take part in all the activities and actually enjoy them.The art room was a HUGE hit! The girls played with clay and loved it. LG has never played with clay other that playdoh so it was all new for her. She didn't really make anything but it was fun none the less.We also made corn husk dolls. I have always seen this center before but LG hasn't really had the attention span for it until now. I still had to make the doll but she pretended to help. Face paint was all done by LG on herself!The George exhibit was a HUGE hit. George is the first show that Ashley watched. She was in love with him. We own a million books of his and still love him a lot. She was thrilled to play with the different parts of the exhibit. I think her favorite was pretending to be an architect.
I would say that our field trip was a hit! I won't go into details about the meltdown we had when it was time to go. We will just leave it at that ;-)

No comments: