LG also likes to cook. She got a play kitchen when she was 2 and there are still days when she will "cook" for a long time. She loves to help me measure ingredients and mix them up. I hope to foster a love of cooking in LG since I really enjoy cooking.
One thing that we have done for the past few years is decorate cookies together during the holidays. When she was 2 I attempted to do a gingerbread house with her but I couldn't build the damn thing. Architect I am not! When I saw that our country club was hosting a cooking class for kids and they were going to make gingerbread houses I was thrilled! The chef at the club actually spoke to LG a few months ago and she has been waiting for the day to come.
I stayed with her during the class to help her since the class was supposed to be for ages 6-12. The nice thing was that a few of her pool buddies were there with their parents so it worked out nicely.
When we got there, each child got their own chef jacket and hat. Of course, the jacket was adult size but after rolling it up quite a bit it was fine.
know you don't have to clean up the mess at the end!


No comments:
Post a Comment