I have been back to work for a few weeks now, sort of. I was ready to start subbing about 3 weeks ago. I have actually only subbed 2 days since then but I am ok with that. I am not sure Husband is but that is ok. Since purring LG into school 3 full days a week I have become a MUCH better housewife.
I am sorry but I could no longer be at home with LG having tea parties and playing Littlest Pep Shop. It was a slow death for me and it wasn't much better for her. Now that she is in school she LOVES it! It really it better for her. She gets tons of interaction and gets to do all the things she loves. Even better is that her kindergarten will be full day so she will be ready for it.
We all are so much happier! Yes, we need some extra income so I am hoping to get more work soon. I also know that it is the beginning of the year so people aren't taking time off. Days will come soon and so until then I am enjoying my time. I have needed this for so long. To be able to just sit and read a book for an hour on my own is amazing. It is revitalizing me.
It is no secret that I was at the end of my rope with being a SAHM. I missed using my brain. I have missed being part of the team. I missed the interaction and of course, I missed the money. It is amazing to be able to go to my "full price" hair girl and get great hair instead of having to go to the "cheap guy" and hating it.
Am I being a little selfish right now? YES I AM! I have a lot of "me" time to catch up on and I don't for one minute regret taking this stand. It is making me a better mom and a better wife.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That is so great! I am excited for you. I know how important it is to make time for yourself! I think it's awesome that you are doing this especially if it makes you a better wife and mother. I hope no one is making you feel badly about it. Being a SAHM works for some and it doesn't work for others. I think it's awesome you gave it a try.
that is great, and i am sure that you will get more work soon. it is nice to get some time to yourself too before that happens.
It sounds great... I am happy this is happening for you! We all need "me time".
Post a Comment